|The Sign of Ibrahim (Part 2) – Qur’an||The Sign of Abraham (Part 2) – Taurat|
Surat 37: 83-84,99-101 (The Saffat)
83. Verily among those who followed his Way was Abraham.
84. Behold! he approached his Lord with a sound heart
99. He said: “I will go to my Lord! He will surely guide me!
100. “O my Lord! Grant me a righteous (son)!”
101. So We gave him the good news of a boy ready to suffer and forbear.
1 After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision:
2 But Abram said, “O Sovereign LORD, what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?” 3 And Abram said, “You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir.”
4 Then the word of the LORD came to him: “This man will not be your heir, but a son coming from your own body will be your heir.” 5 He took him outside and said, “Look up at the heavens and count the stars—if indeed you can count them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”
6 Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness.